18th of January, Düsseldorf, Germany – Arcwide, a global IFS Cloud services provider, and Silico, the business process simulation platform, today announce a strategic partnership to optimize decision-making. The partnership formalizes the integration of Silico’s business process simulation (BPS) software with Arcwide’s cloud technology services, enabling the creation of digital twins of entire enterprises to help and optimize business transformations.
Established by BearingPoint and IFS, Arcwide brings together professional business services, IFS Cloud technology and innovation. Silico’s BPS platform allows Arcwide to create digital replicas of individual business processes to test the efficiency of potential ERP transformations. These digital replicas can then be linked together to form a digital twin of a whole organization. This enables corporate users to simulate the outcome of different process variants and ERP transformation initiatives across the enterprise and optimize the decision-making process, helping organizations to understand the potential impact of their business transformation.
With this partnership, enterprises will be able to:
- Visualize analytics to monitor processes and foresee problems before they occur to enable proactive intervention, continuous planning, and the real-time monitoring of performance against projections.
- Simulate business resources to generate forward-looking analytics through AI-powered ‘what if’ scenarios that demonstrate the impact of changes to individual processes on the organization. These changes can then be enacted via control automation.
- Provide iterative value over time. Modelling is more efficient than waiting for the outcomes of a completed project or process re-design.
Companies will see numerous benefits as a result of creating a digital twin of the enterprise, such as increased speed, frequency and complexity of scenario planning and enhanced alignment between commercial decisions and financial objectives. This is made possible through the ability to see real-time data and metrics in a model-based view, with the capability to compare any number of transformation initiatives and discover the optimal setting.
Different ERP systems can have varying impacts on KPIs such as FTE requirements, processing lead times, revenue, as well as supply chain security. However, quantifying these impacts ahead of implementation has proven difficult, leading to sub-optimal choices. With Silico, Arcwide can now make evidence-based decisions on ERP transformations with their customers.
The benefits of using Silico for your business transformation:
- Determine or demonstrate the need for a business transformation
- Model exactly how different process designs & ERP transformations impact KPIs
- Monitor implementation and course correct where needed